Covid-19 ceremony guidance
Covid-19 update 8 February: In line with Welsh Government advice, the Mansion House ceremony room capacity has been reduced to 10 attendees (including the couple).
We have received procedural guidance from the General Register Office (GRO) for England and Wales and will comply with the social distancing, essential travel and social gathering guidance published by Welsh Government in effect on the day of your ceremony.
Welsh Government guidance to local authorities and places of worship on marriages and civil partnerships: coronavirus
Readings and musicians
As part of the Welsh Government guidelines, the content and format of ceremonies has been reviewed. Selected live music is permitted - please contact us for advice.
Following government advice, the maximum number of people allowed is currently:
- The Liscombe Room - 10* people, including the couple
- The Garden Room - 6* people, including the couple
- Newport Register office remains unchanged - 4* people (the couple and 2 witnesses).
*these numbers do not include the registration team.
Please remember, the law requires you to have two witnesses who will sign the register.
The witnesses should be over 16 years old and are included within the occupancy numbers.
Please familiarise yourself with the changes detailed below, which have been made to ensure the health and safety of the couple, their guests and the registration team, and to comply with social distancing rules here at the Mansion House.
If you have not been invited please do not attend as it will be necessary to turn you away.
- Guests must be seated, no standing is allowed.
- Children must be closely supervised by an adult at all times.
- The couple are required to provide us with the names and addresses of all those attending, this information will be kept securely for one month after the ceremony to comply with any contact tracing requests.
- On arrival guests should follow the signs marked 'Ceremony Guests' which will direct you to the appropriate entrance for the ceremony room.
- All guests should be seated by 10 minutes to the hour, late arrivals cannot be admitted.
- No social gathering beyond the ceremony itself will be allowed. Only invited guests can attend our building and grounds.
- Everyone will be required to use the hand sanitiser provided as they enter the building.
- Those who are unwell or self-isolating should not attend.
- Our public toilets will not be available for use.
Thank-you for your understanding and patience.
We will, as always, do our utmost to make this a special and meaningful occasion within the guidance we must follow.