Council Tax and Benefits

Glan_Llyn_October_2014 (1)

COVID-19 support

We understand that some customers may be facing financial difficulties as a result of the coronavirus, we are here to help.

If you wish to try and claim a council tax reduction or defer payments please complete the form below:

Apply for council tax assistance

The form is the preferred form of contact at the moment as there may be a period when we are unable to answer telephone calls or receive written correspondence.

The earlier you apply, the sooner we can work together to help you through this difficult time.

Make an arrangement to pay your council tax

Claim what's yours

Thousands of people in Wales are entitled to more benefits.

COVID-19 has changed our lives in many ways, making that extra bit of help more important than ever. Many people are unaware they may be entitled to benefits that could offer them the support they need.

Find out more.


The UK Government announced measures for utility companies to support vulnerable people during COVID-19 :

If you need to contact your supplier directly to discuss your account, then you can do so via the following:

BRITISH GAS – 0800 202 9802

EDF - 0333 200 5100:


NPOWER – 0800 073 3000:

SCOTTISH POWER – 0141 652 5550 website:

SSE - 0345 026 2658  website: