Anti-social behaviour

NOTE - As of Tuesday 30th May 2023. The Community Safety Warden Service (CSWS) will operate between: 

  • Tuesday to Friday 1pm - 10pm
  • Saturday 1:30pm and 10pm 

No service will be provided by the Community Saftey Warden Service on a Sunday or Monday.

Use our noise app to report complaints about noise.

Report ASB and noise nuisance


Or telephone:

  • Contact the city Contact Centre on (01633) 656 656 between 8am - 5pm Monday - Thursday and until 4:30pm on Friday to speak to a member of the Community Safety Warden Service (CSWS) or Noise & Neighbourhood Team’ 

  • This service will continue to operate until 10pm Tuesday - Friday and between 1:30pm - 10pm Saturday, please call the ‘Out of Hours’ Operations Room on (01633) 656 667 and ask for the Community Safety Wardens. 

  • If you are already in contact with environmental health and have been asked to call when the noise occurs, please contact your case officer on their direct line

To contact Gwent Police, telephone 101 or in an emergency dial 999.

Community safety wardens

Newport's community safety wardens are accredited by Gwent Police and have powers under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.

Wardens can deal with reports of noise nuisance, litter, dog fouling, graffiti, fly-tipping, smoking in public places and can confiscate alcohol and cigarettes if necessary.

Wardens work closely with the council's environmental health team to deal with noise nuisance.

Read about how we deal with noise complaints

Victim support

The victim support officer will assess the needs of the victim and offer practical support and advice working with community safety wardens and police to ensure that victims receive support.

Contact Victim Support Wales or telephone 0845 612 1900 for further support. 

Read about Public Space Protection Orders

Read about Newport community trigger


Contact the community safety officer at Newport City Council