Education grants

Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)

For 16 to 18 year olds living in Wales who want to continue their education after school leaving age.

Students living in Newport and attending schools, sixth forms or colleges after the school leaving age can apply for EMA. 

Read about EMA on Student Finance Wales

Higher education finance

Student Finance Wales is responsible for higher education student finance. 

Read more and apply on Student Finance Wales

Please contact Student Finance Wales on 0300 200 4050 with any queries about your student finance account.