Winter Fuel Support Scheme
Please note - Online applications closed at 5pm on 28 February 2023.
The Winter Fuel Support Scheme 22/23 will provide a one off £200 cash payment to one household member responsible for utility bills.
We have issued a voucher to everyone in receipt of Council Tax Reduction on 4 October 2022.
If you are not in receipt of Council Tax Reduction, or if your claim was assessed after 4 October and you have not been issued a voucher, or receive one of the qualifying benefits listed below, you can apply online until 5pm on 28 February 2023 by clicking on the link below and completing the application form.
The payment will be available to all eligible households regardless of whether they pay for their on-grid fuel on a pre-payment meter, by direct debit or by paying a bill quarterly. If you are not liable for Council Tax at your home we will require proof that you are the person responsible for bills, and you will qualify as long as no one in your household has already received a payment.
The scheme will be open to households where an applicant, or their partner is in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits at any time between 1 September 2022 and 31 January 2023:
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS)
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credits
- Child Tax Credits
- Pension Credit
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Contributory Based/New Style Jobseekers Allowance
- Contributory Based/New Style Employment and Support Allowance
If a householder (or their partner) who is liable for the fuel costs does not receive any of the qualifying benefits, the householder should be determined/considered as eligible for a payment if they have a qualifying person living with them.
A person meets the definition of a qualifying person if they:
- Occupy the householder’s home as their primary residence; and
- Are a dependent child or adult dependant of the householder (or their partner); and,
- They receive one of the following benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment