Disabled person's travel pass

A disabled person's bus or travel pass is issued to people who are:
  • blind or partially sighted OR
  • profoundly or severely deaf OR
  • without speech OR
  • have reduced ability to walk or are unable to walk OR
  • are without arms or have a long-term loss of use of both arms OR
  • have a learning disability OR
  • are unfit to drive for medical reasons

Apply for a disabled person's travel pass

Companion bus pass

If you need help from another person when travelling for some or all of your journeys you can apply for a companion card that provides free travel for one person accompanying you.

Download, read and complete the documents below and we will assess your eligibility and process your application: 

Using your bus pass

You can travel free of charge on almost all local bus services in Wales and, in some cases, to towns just over the border in England.

You are the only person allowed to use your bus pass.

If you allow someone else to use it, your pass could be cancelled and may also lead to legal action.

Travel using your bus pass is subject to the normal regulations and conditions of the bus operators.

Your pass does not give you additional rights or entitle you to be carried in preference to other passengers.

The council accepts no liability for the failure of any bus service to operate or of any operator to accept your bus pass for travel.

If your pass is not accepted contact the passenger transport team for assistance.

Renew or report 

Visit Transport for Wales to renew or report a lost, stolen or damaged disabled person's travel pass


Contact the bus pass team at Newport City Council.