Public Spaces Protection (dog control) Order 2022
Following public consultation, Newport City Council has put in place a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) for parks and open spaces.
This Order applies to all the Public Spaces in the City and County of Newport and the purpose of the order will be to enforce responsible dog ownership.
This Order will come into effect on 21 November 2022 and will remain in force for a period of 3 years from this date, unless extended by further orders made under the council’s statutory powers.
- Keep their dog and under control at all times.
- Clean up after their dog immediately and dispose of the mess in the waste bins provided.
- Always carry bags for dog mess.
- Dogs are not allowed on the sports or playing fields, play area or on any water feature in the city's parks.
- If a Council or Police officer asks owners to put their dog on a lead, they must do so immediately.
Failure to follow these rules may result in a fixed penalty notice of £100.
Download the Public Spaces PSPO (pdf)
View the locations covered by the PSPO (pdf)
Report incidents of crime, disorder or anti-social behaviour to Gwent Police on 101 or email email@example.com
Or email Newport City Council at firstname.lastname@example.org