Employment and Training
The teams at the hubs provide a community based advisory service which works to increase the employability of people who are not in employment, education or training and who face complex barriers to employment.
Delivered through a number of national initiatives for different age groups support includes:
- One to one mentoring;
- Access to a wide range of training, work experience and volunteering opportunities;
- Training for specific qualifications;
- Employability skills - including updating CV's, job applications and interview preparation;
- Confidence building;
- Emotional support;
- Help and advice with travel, childcare or caring responsibilities;
- Guidance and support to access the internet for online job applications;
- Financial advice and support;
- Academic support - including study skills;
- Support for literacy, numeracy, digital literacy;
- Taster sessions for progression to further learning.