Homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Newport City Council holds a housing register in partnership with housing associations.
The Home Options website details homes to rent and affordable homes to buy.
Help to manage at home
- A range of floating support services for people in their own homes
- A disabled facilities grant can help fund adaptations to the homes of people with disabilities
- The Supported Housing Gateway can help people into supported accommodation
- Short term tenancy support can help tenants with low level support needs, to help promote independence and prevent homelessness
- The telecare service is on hand to respond to your alarm call
The Local Housing Strategy 2012-2017 (pdf) sets out the main housing issues facing the city and how the council and its partner organisations will try to tackle them.