Licences and Permits

Newport City Council’s Public Protection services issue a wide range of licences and permits to allow businesses and individuals to carry out functions or activities that are controlled by law.

Public Access for Licensing|

Find Newport City Council licence applications and granted licences for taxis, control of the supply of alcohol, gambling and regulated entertainment and Houses in Multiple Occupation.

Search by address (street or post code), ward or trading name.

Search on either 'Applications' where the licence has not yet been granted or 'Licences' where the licence has been granted

Download the Public Access User Guide| (pdf)

Apply online

Follow the links below for information and to apply and pay for these licences.

Animal Breeding| 

Animal Boarding| 

Animal Health Fees| 

Caravan Park Licence|

Club Premises Certificate|

Container licence|

Cooling Towers Registration|

Dangerous/ Exotic Animals| 

Door Supervisors| (done by the Security Industry Authority)

Environmental Permit|

Fireworks /Explosives| 

Food Premises| Registration

Special Food Premises Approval|

Gambling Act 2005| licences

House-to-house collections|

Houses in Multiple Occupation| (HMOs)

Hypnotism Authorisation|

Immigration Certificates|

Licensing Act| (alcohol sales and other forms of regulated entertainment) licences such as:

Performing Animals| 

Pet Shop Licence| 

Petroleum Licensing|

Premises Licence|

Riding Establishment Licence| 

Scrap Metal Dealer Registration|

Sex Shop and Cinema Licence|

Skip permits|

Street Collection Licence|

Street Trading|

Street Works (Section 50 Licence)|

Tattooists, cosmetic piercing, acupuncture and electrolysis registration|

Temporary Event Notice|

Weighbridge Operators Licence| 

Zoo Licence|