Trading standards looks after the health, safety and environment of Newport citizens and promotes and protects the well-being of a modern, vibrant economy.
We are unable to deal with calls for consumer advice, please follow the link below
The trading standards team ensures that businesses act within fair and safe trading laws, making sure that:
- they do not mislead customers
- all products sold are safe
- all products sold are genuine and not counterfeit
- commercial animals are treated well
- children cannot buy alcohol, cigarettes and similarly restricted products
Please use the link above as the trading standards team is not able to deal with personal callers for consumer advice.
Ask for the trading standards team at Newport City Council.
Requests for consumer advice must be directed to the Citizens Advice consumer service, the trading standards team is not able to deal with personal callers for consumer advice.
Download the Public Protection enforcement policy (pdf)