Newport City Council's trading standards service safeguards the health, safety and environment of Newport’s citizens and promotes and protects the well-being of a modern, vibrant economy.
The trading standards team ensures that businesses act within fair and safe trading laws, making sure that:
- they do not mislead customers
- all products sold are safe
- all products sold are genuine and not counterfeit
- commercial animals are treated well
- children cannot buy alcohol, cigarettes and similarly restricted products
Follow the links below for more information:
Ask for the trading standards team at Newport City Council.
Download the Public Protection enforcement policy (pdf)