Children transfer from primary to secondary school (Year 7) at the start of the school year in which they will reach their twelfth birthday.
School admission survey 2017
Help us to plan and improve future school provision by telling us what you consider when choosing a school - please take a few minutes to complete our short school admission survey.
Year 7 applications for September 2018
Applications for a secondary school place closed 30 November 2017 and decisions will be issued 1 March 2018.
Make a late application by downloading the secondary school application form (pdf)
Please contact voluntary aided (faith) schools direct for an application form.
View a summary of September 2017 secondary school place allocation (pdf)
Read about and apply for in-year applications outside the normal admissions round.
Where there are more applications for a particular school than there are places available, we will apply these criteria to decide which children should be admitted.
Oversubscription criteria for admission to secondary school
Where a school is named in a statement of Special Educational Needs, we have a duty to admit the child to the named setting before the over-subscription criteria is applied against applications received.
This will reduce the amount of places available to other applicants.
If the total number of preferences for admission to a secondary school exceeds the number of places then the following order of priority will be applied to allocate the available places:
- Looked-after children (children in public care) and previously looked-after children
- Pupils living within the catchment area and making an application on medical grounds or placed on the Child Protection Register and recommended by social services
- Pupils living within the catchment area but with relevant siblings
- Pupils living within the catchment area
- Pupils living outside the catchment area and making an application on medical grounds or placed on the Child Protection Register and recommended by social services
- Pupils living outside the catchment area but with relevant siblings
- Pupils living outside the catchment area
After considering these categories, or if the number of applications in any one of the above categories exceeds the published admission number, priority will be based on those living closest to the preferred school.
Email email@example.com or telephone (01633) 656656