Adults with disabilities

If you are a disabled person in Newport there are services to help you. 

If you do not qualify for a service now, you may in the future if your situation changes.

Depending on your circumstances there may be charges for some services.

Work - through access supported employment 

Disabled person’s concessionary travel pass 

Disabled parking in Newport 

Learning disabilities 

People with a learning disability may need help with learning and remembering, with everyday life and may also have difficulty in communicating.

Person Centred Planning supports people to think about their lives now and in the future.

The community adult learning disability team (CALDT) are health and social care professionals who provide services and help for people over the age of 18 with a learning disability. 

Through the Supported Living Agency, Newport City Council provides support to adults aged 18 and over with a learning disability to help them to live in their own home under a secure tenancy.

Support is given with daily living skills, emotional needs, finances, links with the community and building their future.

Contact the Supported Living Agency on (01633) 210 860. 

We can arrange for someone to speak on your behalf, this person is known as an ‘advocate’ and will build up a relationship with you so that they can understand what you want and need, and can tell other people for you.

Brynglas Adult Training Centre

Provides a day service for approximately 165 adults with a learning disability who can learn basic number and reading skills, enjoy indoor games or photography, life skills, computers, swimming, hair and beauty, personal skills and rambling.

Ringwood House

Day service for adults who have a learning disability plus additional complex needs, including profound multiple disabilities. 

Ringwood House provides day-time activities including multi-sensory and physio activities, hydrotherapy, cooking, music and sport. 


Contact the social services team at Newport City Council