The council's rehoming service includes:
- help and advice on selecting the most suitable dog, with a home visit discussion with you and your family
- a two week trial period to see if you and the dog are a suitable match with our experienced staff on hand to help with any issues
- ensuring that your new dog is vaccinated and wormed
- charging a reasonable price to include microchipping
- neutering advice from the Dogs Trust or Newport City Dogs Home
Dog wardens will home check all prospective adopters before a dog is placed.
When dogs are not claimed or re-homed, the council works with Four Paws Animal Rescue.