Design a library card competition
Thanks for all your entries, they are fantastic and a lot of hard work has gone into creating them.
We can see you all love your libraries and we are missing seeing you too, but we hope you are all staying safe.
We will be judging all the entries once our libraries are open again, and will announce the winner as soon as possible, watch this space...
This competition closed 30 April 2020.
The winner will receive an art pack and an author visit for their school.
Terms and conditions
- One entry per child
- Entries will not be considered if submitted after 30 April 2020
- Entry is open to any child or young person aged 4 to 12 who is registered with Newport Libraries and/or is living or being educated in Newport.
- Designs must be created using watercolour, acrylic markers, crayon, and/orpen and ink. Work in pencil will not be accepted due to reproduction issues. Please only use drawings/imagery, not text.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost or damaged
- We are unable to return any entries
- Artwork submitted must be the child’s own original artwork and property and must not be subject to copyright or ownership by any other person
- Submitted entries must not have been published before
- Newport Libraries reserve the right to amend the winning entries to conform to the dimensions of the library card and/or to accommodate text
- Copyright of the new library card designs will belong to Newport Libraries
- Newport Libraries may display and reproduce winning designs without limitation or compensation
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and photograph in publicity about the competition
How to enter
Children can use a printed version of the competition form (pdf) or plain A4 paper for their design.
A photograph of the design can then be submitted by a parent/carer to email@example.com - please retain the original design.
When submitting the photograph, please include in the body of the email: the name of the child; the child’s age,date of birth and school, and the name of the parent/carer; preferred contact details (ie phone or email).