Children and young people
Children, young people and their families are welcomed at Newport Libraries.
Library staff will help and support your family to love books, stories and find information.
Bookstart and Book crawl
- Bookstart Cymru aims to give a free pack of information and books to every baby in Wales.
- In Newport the baby pack is given out by registrars and your health visitor.
- Read more about Bookstart here
- Book crawl is for Children aged 0 - 4 years old can collect stickers every time they visit their local library and when they have collected 4 they receive a certificate designed by a children’s book illustrator.
Reading well for children
Reading well for children provides quality-assured information, stories and advice to support children's mental health and well being.
Find out more
Designed to help you choose at least one book a month to share with your child for the first five years of their life
Creative opportunities for children who show exceptional talent in creative writing or a passion for reading and story-telling and are nominated by their school.
May half term activities
Come to Newport libraries this half term for free stories and craft activities. Sessions are suitable for 4 – 10 year olds at the following locations:
- Caerleon Library, 11am– 12pm
- Ringland Library, 2pm – 3pm
- Central Library, 11am– 12pm
- Malpas Library, 11am– 12pm
(Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult)