Finance for social enterprises
A social enterprise is a business with social objectives whose surpluses are reinvested for that purpose.
They can take advantage of most forms of finance as well as financial assistance schemes specific to social enterprises.
- Newport City Council - small scale grant assistance is available, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Wales Co-op has launched a second round of its SE-Assist programme, which is an innovative model where social enterprises can access funding and support from large businesses.
- The Wales Council for Voluntary Action has a loan fund for the development of social enterprises
- Social enterprises may be eligible for grants up to £5000 from the Big Lottery Fund to help with the costs of investments, training or staging events.
- Ignite Social Investment Fund can provide loan or equity investments of between £50,000 and £2 million for social enterprises in the energy sector.
Crowd funding can also be a good way of raising finance for social enterprises and some crowd funding websites specialise in raising funding for social enterprises and community projects.
Visit Business Wales for more on support for social enterprises