About the Digital Strategy
This is the council’s second digital strategy, developed at a time when digital technology is increasingly important to service delivery.
As a result of the covid-19 pandemic we have seen some of the biggest changes in society in how people interact with public services through digital technology.
This strategy demonstrates Newport City Council’s commitment to make Newport an ambitious and fairer city for its residents and businesses.
The strategy is also a critical pillar to making Newport a data city. This is why we want to ensure citizens can access digital services, delivered by the council and its strategic partners, when they need it most.
The Digital Strategy 2022-2027 sets out the council’s vision for:
- how it will utilise technology to transform the delivery of services,
- supporting improving the well-being of residents
- improving digital skills of its residents
- enabling businesses to thrive in Newport; and
- supporting delivery of our well-being objectives - as set out in the 2022-2027 Corporate Plan.
Our key principles for this strategy are:
- User centred – users are at the centre of what we do
- Inclusive – services are available to meet individual needs
- Innovative – embrace new ways of working and technology
- Data driven - decisions are made based on sound evidence
- Collaborative – collaboration internally and externally
- Secure – systems and data are protected
- Green – digital technology supports positive green initiatives.
Download the full version of our Digital Strategy (pdf).