Local Assessment of Wellbeing
The statutory guidance on the Wellbeing of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 (WFG Act) ‘Shared Purpose - Shared Future’ sets out a requirement for each Public Services Board (PSB) to prepare and publish an assessment of the state of economic, social, environmental and cultural wellbeing in its area no later than a year before it publishes its Local Well-being Plan.
The Newport PSB assessment was published 3 May 2017.
In preparing and publishing the assessment the board must:
- Set out the communities that comprise the area;
- Analyse the state of wellbeing in each community and the whole area;
- Analyse the state of wellbeing of the people in the area;
- Include predictions of future trends of the area;
- Refer to the National Indicators; and
- Take into account a number of statutory reviews and assessments when preparing their assessment.
In Newport a project task and finish group was convened to develop the Local Wellbeing Assessment on behalf of the PSB and was consulted on during December 2016 and February 2017.
The assessment was amended in light of the consultation and was signed off by the PSB on 25 April 2017 along with the 20 community assessments.
Each assessment is split in to six chapters (preface; community overview; economic wellbeing; social wellbeing; environmental wellbeing; and cultural wellbeing), and the the profiles can be found on Newport Atlas.
If you have any queries or comments please email the policy, partnership and involvement team.