Supported housing gateway
Supported housing schemes are accommodation-based services where housing-related support is delivered on-site.
Permanent or long-term services
These include sheltered or extra-care accommodation for older people and services for people with learning disabilities and enduring mental health issues,
Access to longer-term schemes is usually via the landlord/support provider.
Download the Newport Directory of Supporting People Services for access arrangements and contact details.
Temporary or short-term services
The Supported Housing Gateway is a point of access for temporary or short-term housing for homeless people with housing-related support needs.
Access the Supported Housing Gateway in these ways:
Self-referrals (Word document) are welcome although the supporting people team may need to request further information from partner agencies.
Immediate accommodation cannot be guaranteed and an assessment of need and risk will be required before acceptance to the waiting list or an offer of accommodation is made.
When completing the referral form, you can select whether a supported housing or a floating support service is required.
If you want to refer to both types of service, please tick both boxes on the referral form rather than completing two separate referrals.
Supported housing (and some floating support) services are currently part of the Supported Housing Gateway for the following people:
- Women experiencing domestic abuse – refuge accommodation
- Women or men experiencing abuse – floating support
- People with mental health issues – supported housing and floating support
- People with drug or alcohol issues – supported housing and floating support
- People with criminal offending history – supported housing and floating support
- Young people with support needs – supported housing and floating support
- Young parents with support needs – floating support
- Care leavers with support needs – floating support
- People with complex needs – supported housing and resettlement support
- Single women with complex needs – supported housing
- People with short term support needs – supported housing and resettlement support
- People who are homeless and in priority need – supported housing and resettlement support
Access arrangements for all Supporting People funded services can be found in the Newport Directory of Supporting People Services (pdf)
For further information about supported housing services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01633) 851507