Supported housing gateway
Supported housing schemes are accommodation-based services with housing-related support delivered on-site.
Permanent or long-term services
Include sheltered or extra-care accommodation for older people and services for people with learning disabilities and enduring mental health issues.
Access to longer-term schemes is usually through the landlord or support provider.
Download the Newport Directory of Supporting People Services for more information and contact details.
Temporary or short-term services
The Supported Housing Gateway is a point of access for temporary or short-term housing for homeless people with housing-related support needs.
Access the Supported Housing Gateway in these ways:
Self-referrals (Word document) are welcome although we may need to ask for further information from partner agencies.
Immediate accommodation can't be guaranteed as we will need to assess need and risk before acceptance to the waiting list or making an offer of accommodation.
When completing the referral form, select whether a supported housing or a floating support service is required.
To refer to both types of service tick both boxes on the referral form rather than completing two separate referrals.
Supported housing and floating support services are part of the Supported Housing Gateway for:
- women experiencing domestic abuse – refuge accommodation
- men and women experiencing abuse – floating support
- people with learning disabilities
- people with mental health issues – supported housing and floating support
- people with drug or alcohol issues – supported housing and floating support
- people with criminal offending history – supported housing and floating support
- refugees with support needs – floating support
- people with sensory or physical disability - floating support
- people with developmental disorders / ASC - floating support
- care leavers with support needs – floating support
- young people with support needs - supported housing and floating support
- single parents and families with support needs - floating support
- people with complex needs - supported housing and resettlement support
- single women with complex needs - supported housing
- people with short-term support needs - supported housing and resettlement support
- people who are homeless and in priority need – supported housing and resettlement support
Find access arrangements for all Supporting People funded services in the Newport Directory of Supporting People Services (pdf)
For more information email email@example.com or telephone (01633) 851507