COVID-19: Track and trace
View our Covid-19 Test, Trace and Protect Privacy Notice (pdf)
Covid-19 Improvement Notices may be issued to businesses under the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (Wales) Regulations 2020.
Certain businesses are required by law to record contact details of persons entering their premises and make those details available to public health officers for up to 21 days, these include:
- Hospitality, including pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes
- Close-contact services including hairdressers, barbers, beauticians, tattooists, sports and massage therapists
- Swimming pools, indoor fitness studios, gyms, spas or other indoor leisure centres or facilities
Read Welsh Government track and trace guidance for businesses.
As part of Welsh Government's COVID-19 Test, Trace and Protect, the Gwent contact tracing team will telephone people who may have been in touch with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Calls will display as coming from phone number 02921 961133 and may be received from the team on any day of the week between 8am and 8pm.
- We will ask you to confirm your name, address and date of birth only
- Under no circumstances will we ask for any sort of payment
If you call the number back you should hear the following message: You have called NHS Wales Test, Trace and Protect Service, thank you for keeping Wales safe.
If you have concerns please ask for the name of the caller, put the phone down and call back on (01633) 656656 to verify the identity of the person who has called.
The contact tracing team cannot arrange testing, you can do this via the Welsh Government coronavirus test page.
Read our full track and trace statement.