Malpas Court is a Grade II listed building, designed by Thomas Wyatt of London and built in 1836-8 for the Prothero family.
The house fell into disrepair and was brought back into Newport City Council’s care in 1998.
Malpas Court rooms are available for hire.
The council successfully bid for a total of £2.7million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Local Regeneration Fund and retrospective ERDF to redevelop Malpas Court into a Sustainability Centre, which will be an exemplar of environmental sustainability and a model of environmental good practice.
A further grant of £750,000 was obtained from the Heritage Lottery Fund for enhancements to the project.
Occupants include Malpas Communities First, delivering a wide range of training, capacity building and social activities to local people.
Read more about the history of Malpas Court:
Telephone: (01633) 414842 / 414844