Newport City Council welcomes any compliment or complaint you may have about our services.

We take your concerns and complaints seriously. We always try to learn from any mistake we might have made and share feedback data publicly on a yearly basis. 

If you wish to make a complaint, you can do so by emailing [email protected]

If you have a complaint regarding a school please contact the head teacher of the school.

Leave a compliment or complaint

Can I complain to anyone else?

There are many independent bodies you can raise complaints with.

You can complain to The Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) about all care services in Wales. This includes care homes, home care agencies and council services.

You can complain to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales about any aspect of public services. 

You can complain to Social Care Wales about professional social care workers. 

For a complaint about age discrimination, please complain to the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales.

If your complaint is about treatment of children, please visit Children's Commissioner for Wales.

Advocacy services

LLAIS are a new independent statutory body, set up by the Welsh government. You can have your say on the planning and delivery of health and social care services – locally, regionally and nationally. 

Other Advocacy services are: