Well-being Plan 2018-23
One Newport’s Well-being Plan was published on 1st May 2018 and revised during 2021. The Plan outlines One Newport’s Well-being Objectives, and the Steps and actions we are taking to deliver them. The Plan has now come to an end.
Newport Well-being Plan 2018-23_EN - Revised Aug 2021 (pdf)
Newport Well-being Plan 2018-23_CY - Revised Aug 2021 (pdf)
Well-being Plan Easy Read Summary (pdf)
Well-being Plan Animation Video - English / Cymraeg
The original version of the plan, published in 2018, are available: English (original) (pdf) // Cymraeg (original) (pdf)
New Well-being Plan for Gwent
In July 2033, the Gwent Public Services Board published the Gwent Well-being Plan, which replaced the well-being plans developed in each local authority.
Click here to view the Gwent Well-being Plan.
For further information visit the Gwent PSB website. A Local Action Plan is currently being develped by One Newport will support delivery of the Gwent Well-being Plan and local partnership issues.
New Gwent Well-being Objectives
- We want to create a fairer, more equitable and inclusive Gwent for all.
- We want a climate-ready Gwent, where our environment is valued and protected, benefitting our well-being now and for future generations.
Former Well-being Objectives
One Newport’s Well-being Objectives are:
- Everyone feels good about living, working, visiting and investing in our unique city.
- Everyone has the skills and opportunities they need to develop, prosper and contribute to a thriving, sustainable city.
- Everyone belongs to resilient, friendly, connected communities and feels confident and empowered to improve their well-being.
- Newport has healthy, safe and resilient environments with an integrated sustainable travel network.
Former cross-cutting programmes of work
To deliver against our Well-being Objectives and priorities we have five cross-cutting interventions:
The Newport Offer
Strong Resilient Communities
Green and Safe Spaces
Progress made against the interventions can be viewed here.
The development of the plan was supported by the following documents:
Community Well-being Profile
Choosing Emerging Priorities
RA1 - Understanding Outcomes
RA2-3 - Linking Interventions to Outcomes