One Newport is a partnership of organisations working together to deliver public services in the city.
Our aim is to improve economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being in Newport. We do this through our Well-being Plan.
Our board membership is:
- Newport City Council
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Natural Resources Wales
- South Wales Fire and Rescue Service
- Police and Crime Commissioner's Office
- Gwent Police
- Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations
- Coleg Gwent
- University of South Wales
- Registered Social Landlords (represented by Newport City Homes)
- Newport Third Sector Partnership
- Newport Youth Council
- Newport Live
Chair: Councillor Jane Mudd (Leader of Newport City Council)
Vice-Chair: Guy Lacey (Principal, Coleg Gwent).
Many organisations and local groups work with us as part of a wider One Newport Partnership to deliver projects and initiatives through the Well-being Plan.
The latest partnership structure can be viewed here.
Gwent Public Services Board
Gwent Public Services Board (PSB) was established in October 2021 following the merger of five former PSBs, including One Newport, that operated on a local authority footprint in the Gwent region. One Newport is now a sub-group of the Gwent PSB with the following tasks:
- Continue to deliver and report on the current Local Well-being Plan for Newport until April 2023.
- Deliver local priorities in the future Gwent Well-being Plan.
- Contribute to regional projects.
- Provide update reports to Gwent PSB and contribute to the annual report.
- Report to local and regional Scrutiny Committees.
One Newport also has additional functions, which are to:
- Develop and deliver activity in Newport that would benefit from a strong partnership approach.
- Receive reports from, inform and support the work of the statutory Community Safety Partnership for Newport, “Safer Newport”.