HWRC site layout and rules
Before you book a visit
You must have a booking slot - no booking, no entry
- Don't visit if anyone in your household has any COVID-19 symptoms
- Pre-sort your waste as you will be limited to 15 minutes at the site
- Black bags should not contain any items that can be recycled. All waste must be pre-sorted
Download Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
Book a visit
Prior booking only, you must book in advance
If you are unable to book online because you have no web access, call (01633) 656656, note the booking reference you are given and bring it with you when you visit.
Please only contact us if you have no resources to access the website.
New slots are released every day, so please check back if you are unable to book at first.
Please arrive within your booked time slot and bring your confirmation email (on your phone or printed out) or reference number as proof. Please arrive within your slot, do not attempt to arrive early.
Site opening hours
Monday to Friday: 7.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 8am - 6pm
Site layout and rules
Familiarise yourself with the new site layout and rules before you visit.
Download a diagram of the HWRC layout (pdf)
- Ideally vehicles should be driver only. If needed, a second member of the household may attend to help with the removal of bulky items but may only leave the vehicle when advised by the site attendant
- Only cars/passenger vehicles and small trailers (maximum 1.6m by 1.2m) are permitted on site
- Commercial vehicles and any size van designed or used for the carriage of goods will be not given access
- Access to HWRC is at the discretion of site staff
- Access from the SDR westbound only
- Arrive within your booked time slot and do not queue on the public highway
- Site staff are unable to help unload or carry items, you must be able to safely unload your vehicle without assistance
- NO UNSORTED WASTE can be accepted on site. All waste must be pre-sorted; black bags with recyclable waste are not allowed. Residents may be asked to show their waste to ensure no recyclable materials are present, and to sort it to ensure all recyclable items are correctly segregated. Materials collected via household collections should not be brought site, but excess green waste and cardboard can be brought in providing they are pre-sorted
- Please wash your hands before and after your visit there is no hand sanitiser on site
Thank you for your patience and understanding