Newport is looking for members to join a Local Access Forum (LAF) to advise the council and Natural Resources Wales on how public access to land in the area can be improved.
The forum is made up of individual volunteers from across Newport who have a particular interest in walking, cycling, horse-riding, conservation or other relevant subject.
The LAF meets at least twice a year and advises on public access to the countryside for recreation and enjoyment.
Extra meetings may be scheduled if required.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
• are you committed to the function of the forum?
• are you willing and able to play a full part in all aspects of the LAF’s work?
• do you have interest in or experience of access issues in the area?
• do you have experience of similar forums?
• do you live in, or are familiar with, or have interests relevant to the Newport area?
• are you able to spread the work of the LAF through a network of organisations and individuals?
Download the LAF minutes, February 2018 (pdf)
Download the LAF minutes, November 2017 (pdf)
Download the LAF minutes, September 2017 (pdf)
Download the LAF minutes, November 2016 (pdf)
Contact Newport City Council and ask for the green services team.