Council tax exemptions for occupied properties include:

  • student halls of residence
  • occupation only by student(s)
  • UK armed forces accommodation
  • visiting forces accommodation
  • occupation only by persons under 18 years
  • occupation only by severely mentally impaired person
  • main residence of person with diplomatic privilege/immunity
  • occupation of an annexe by a dependant relative              
  • an annex to an occupied dwelling where the annex is occupied by a dependant relative          
  • a dwelling occupied by a care leaver aged 24 or under 

Apply online

Second homes owned by people in the armed services

Councils in Wales must give 50% discount for second homes owned by armed forces personnel who live in accommodation provided by the Ministry of Defence.

Paper forms are available upon request, email [email protected].