GDPR - your rights
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you a number of rights.
Not all of these rights are absolute and we will need to consider your request upon receipt.
You have the right to request:
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to have your data erased
- to restrict the processing of your data
- to exercise your right to data portability
- to object to the processing for the purposes of direct marketing, profiling and automated decision making
Please email any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR complaints procedure
If you are unhappy with the way Newport City Council is using your data, you have the right to make a complaint to us.
To do this please email email@example.com
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.
Generally, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the council's complaints procedure.
Contact the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Visit the ICO website
1. GDPR summary
2. Why and how your personal information is used