Complaints & compliments

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We may take longer to respond to requests as we deal with the impact of COVID-19 on council services, thank you for your understanding.

Newport City Council will deal with any compliments, concerns or complaints you may have about the services we provide.

We take your comments seriously and try to learn from them. 

If you want to tell us about something which you think needs to be done - for example, repairing a pothole - you are requesting a service and must first give us a chance to respond to the request for service.

If you make a request for service and are not satisfied with our response you can make a complaint online.

Compliments and most complaints can be reported using this form, if you have a complaint regarding a school please contact the head teacher of the school first. 

Read our comments, compliments and complaints policy (pdf) for more information about sharing compliments and complaints with the council. 

Dealing with a complaint is a straightforward process but sometimes complaints are pursued in a way that can hinder the investigation or cause significant resource issues for the council.

Read our unacceptable actions by complainants policy (pdf) for more information about behaviour which is considered unacceptable, and actions which may be taken to protect staff. 

Complaints and compliments privacy notice (pdf)

Complaints procedure for adult social services

Complaints procedure for children's social services