Housing related support
Coronavirus COVID-19: all housing support services are continuing to operate during the Covid-19 outbreak
Newport City Council receives a Housing Support Grant of approximately £6.3 million each year from the Welsh Government to provide housing-related support services for vulnerable people living in the city.
The aim of the grant is to prevent homelessness and help people develop and maintain the necessary skills to live as independently and self-sufficiently as possible.
This funding supports approximately 2,000 vulnerable people at any one time in Newport.
Some examples of the support available are:
- Help in managing accommodation or finding more suitable accommodation
- Help to prevent homelessness
- Advice and support to claim benefits and manage debts
- Advice and help with budgeting and managing bills
- Advice on issues such as aids and adaptations, and safety and security in the home
- Help to make contact with relevant agencies, such as doctors or social workers
- Support to access education, employment, voluntary work and training
- Sign-posting to other services and agencies
How to get support
If you need to access housing support services call Newport Gateway on (01633) 235201 or email email@example.com
If you have any queries about housing support, the Newport Gateway or how our services are operating during the Covid-19 outbreak, please contact the Supporting People Team on (01633) 235201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Outcomes survey online (for support providers only)
Supporting People Local Commissioning Plan 2016-2019 (pdf)
Directory of Housing Supporting People Services in Newport (pdf)
View the Welsh Government’s Supporting People bulletins
Supporting People allowable activities document (pdf)
If you have a Civica login, you can access Civica here