Newport City Council promotes LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bi and transgender) rights.
If you or a family member or friend have questions about gender identity or are struggling with your sexual orientation there is support for you:
- Rainbow Newport - working to make Newport a friendlier city for the LGBTQ+ community
- Umbrella Cymru
- Stonewall Cymru - advice on how to support LGBTQ+ people at work
- Pride Cymru - the charity works for an end to discrimination
- Bi Cymru - the All-Wales network for people attracted to more than one gender and people who think they may be bi
- Rainbow Bridge – a victim support service for victims of domestic abuse who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender in Cardiff and the Vale.
- Terrence Higgins Trust - the largest voluntary sector provider of HIV and sexual health services in the UK, running services out of local centres across Great Britain
- LGBTQ+ helpline - information, advice and confidential support on issues faced by LGBTQ+ people their family and friends
Age UK - Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in later life
Stonewall - glossary of terms
If you have any questions please contact Newport City Council and ask for the community connector team.