Holiday Play Provision (5-12 years)
During May half term, Newport City Council will be offering sessional play provision for children aged 5-12 years, from Monday 30 May – Wednesday 1 June 2022.
Provision will be offered in each of Newport’s four neighbourhood hub areas:
- Central hub – covering Pill, Maindee, Stow Hill & Allt-Yr-Yn
- East hub – covering Ringland, Alway, Somerton, Lliswerry, Beechwood, St Julians, Langstone & Underwood
- North hub – covering Bettws, Malpas, Shaftesbury & Caerleon
- West hub – covering Maesglas, Gaer, Graig. Duffryn, Rogerstone & Marshfield
Your preferred hub can be selected on application, however, we cannot guarantee this will be available. Specific locations for the half term provision will be arranged to meet demand as far as possible. In the event of a location being oversubscribed, places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please note: places must be booked in advance. We will be unable to accommodate children who attend without having a place booked through the below online application system.
View details of May half term play sessions (pdf)
Who can apply?
- The family must live in the Newport local authority area
- The child must be age 5-12 years
Details of additional needs can be added to the application – the Play Development team will review these and contact the parent/carer for more details if required. For children with more complex needs, parents/carers should speak with their child’s school or social worker and request that a referral is submitted.
We are currently reviewing opportunities for Welsh medium provision.
Applications are open now and will close on 16 May 2022.
You will require the following:
- Child details including details of any additional needs and allergies;
- Parent/Carer details including emergency contact information;
- Location preference;
- Supporting documentation:
- Child’s birth certificate to confirm the child’s age
- Latest council tax statement or recent utility bill to confirm residency in Newport
Parents/carers will receive confirmation of their child’s place by email by Monday 23 May 2022.
Any child who is experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus or has been advised to self-isolate, should not attend the play provision.