Zoo licence

If you want to run a zoo where you’ll be displaying wild animals to the public for at least seven days a year, in any place that’s not a circus or pet shop, you will need to apply for a licence from Newport City Council.

Please contact us before applying for a licence so that we can talk about requirements and send you all the conditions you would need to meet so that you can apply and pay for the licence online.

There may be fees and conditions attached to the licence to ensure the zoo is run properly.

View the current animal health licence fees

Read more about zoo licence conditions 

Apply for a zoo licence