Animal health and welfare

Dogs Home - open day

Stray animals - report stray horses on public roads direct to Gwent Police and other stray farm animals to the council's animal health section below and to the police.

Cruelty - contact the RSPCA to report cruelty, injury or distress to domestic or wild animals.

Read about animal welfare on the Gov.UK site 

Animal licensing

You need a licence to run a pet shop, breed dogs or board animals, read more on the animal licences page. 

Horse passports

Horses, ponies, donkeys and related animals must have a horse passport, read about horse passports

Animal disease control

Report any incidents of animal disease to the animal health section at Newport City Council