City of Newport Business Grants
Grants of up to £1,500 are available from Newport City Council and UK Steel Enterprise to pre-start ups and businesses up to 12 months old.
The award of a grant is entirely discretionary.
For further information or an application form please email email@example.com or telephone (01633) 656656.
The grant is available to pre-start up businesses and SMEs up to 12 months old.
Companies, partnerships, sole traders, social enterprises are all eligible.
The grant can be used towards:
- a first year’s rent on first commercial premises
- plant and equipment
- ICT equipment
- software, websites and related training
Up to 40% of eligible and reasonable costs.
The minimum grant is £250 for a total spend of £625 and the maximum grant is £1,500 for a minimum total spend of £3750.
The proposed project must be located in the Newport City Council area:
- the project must safeguard or create jobs paid at or above the minimum wage
- businesses in any sector can apply, but consideration will be given to whether the project can offer a net benefit to the local economy
- applicants should not commit to purchases/rent before receiving written notification of the grant approval
- applicants will need to have paid all due debts to the council
- the proposed project must be in accordance with all statutory regulations