Start Up Grant
This Welsh Government grant provides financial assistance for newly created businesses facing operational and financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The purpose of the grant is to support new businesses with immediate cash flow to help them survive the economic consequences of COVID-19.
The grant seeks to complement other COVID-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises and charitable organisations in Wales.
The eligibility criteria for the grant is as follows:
- Started trading between 1 April 2019 and 1 March 2020
- Forecast annual turnover less than £50,000
- Not in receipt of Self Employment Income Support Scheme, Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, Economic Resilience Fund or the Business Rate Grant
- Businesses must be operating in Wales
- Businesses must have one or more of the following
- HMRC Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) Number
- VAT Registration Number or a VAT exemption certificate
- Written correspondence confirming registration with HMRC
- Have experienced a drop in turnover greater than >50% as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak between April and June 2020
- Supported businesses must aim to maintain employment for 12 months
- Successful applicants must register for support with the Business Wales service once the grant is awarded
For further information read the Start Up Grant Guidance Notes.
If you have read the guidance, are eligible for the grant and wish to apply, complete the online application form, complete all the requested fields and email it to email@example.com
Please note: this grant is now CLOSED
Further information on the support available to businesses can be found on our website. Also, if you are not currently receiving our e-newsletter (which provides regular updates on the support available for businesses) but would like to, please sign up here to be added to our database.