Public Services Board
One Newport is the city’s Public Services Board (PSB) where local public, private and and third sector organisations work towards improving the economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of the city.
PSBs were established by the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 and must work in accordance with the sustainable development principle and achievement of the seven wellbeing goals by:
- assessing the state of the city's economic, social, environmental and cultural wellbeing
- setting local objectives that are designed to maximise their contribution within the city to achieving those goals
- taking all reasonable steps to meet those objectives
Membership includes representatives of:
- Newport City Council (statutory member)
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (statutory member)
- Natural Resources Wales (statutory member)
- South Wales Fire and Rescue Service (statutory member)
- Gwent Police
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent
- Probation Service
- Welsh Government
- Public Health Wales
- Coleg Gwent
- University of South Wales
- Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations
- Registered Social Landlords represented by Newport City Homes
- Youth Council
Other private, public and voluntary sector organisations are part of the wider partnership and may be invited to participate in the work of the PSB when required.
To give all members of One Newport a better understanding of the partnership an Induction Pack has been compiled bringing together a list of useful information.