COVID-19: the Transporter Bridge reopened Friday 17 July 2020.
Bridge crossings take place Wednesday to Sunday, 10am-5pm. The top walkway will also be open.
Social distancing systems are in place to minimise risk for visitors, staff and volunteers and include:
- *A limit on the number of pedestrians allowed on the gondola per crossing
- *Staggered access to the top walkway to allow visitors to walk across at their own pace while following social distancing
- *Hand sanitiser, masks and disposable gloves available on site for visitors
The visitor centre will remain closed for the first few weeks of operation. Accessible toilet facilities will be available on site, with staff monitoring throughout the day.
Visitor Centre, Transporter Bridge, Brunel Street, Newport NP20 2JY
Follow the Transporter Bridge on Twitter - @NpTbridge
Adult day visitor - £4
Child day visitor (aged 16 years and under) - £3
Gives access to the high level walk way, the motor house platform and unlimited crossings on the day of purchase.
Adult - £1.50
Child - £1.00
Adult - £2.00
Child - £1.50
Children aged 2 years and under travel free.
Staff retain the right to refuse access to children and young people not accompanied by an adult.
We welcome pre-arranged group visits, please email Transporter.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Please download complete and return the group visit request form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Group visit request form (pdf)
Group visit request form (Word)
Ffurflen Gais Ymweliad Grŵp (pdf)
Ffurflen Gais Ymweliad Grŵp (Word)
We want you to enjoy your visit to the Transporter Bridge.
Some aspects of the bridge, especially the climb to the high level, present a challenge and if you wish to climb the bridge you should follow these safety guidelines and ensure that:
- * you are physically capable of climbing the 270 steps
- * you do not have any known heart/lung conditions
- * you are not intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- * you do not suffer from vertigo
- * you are capable of climbing the stairs unaided
- * you do not carry any children
- * you take notice of the safety information made available
It is the responsibility of parents and carers to decide whether children or charges are capable of climbing to the high level.
Don’t forget to check the weather, it’s not safe to climb to the top in very wet or windy conditions and it’s not very nice either!
Visitor Centre, Transporter Bridge, Brunel Street, Newport, South Wales NP20 2JY
Staffed by the Friends of the Transporter Bridge, you can learn more about the bridge and buy a souvenir of your visit.
For further information on the history of the bridge, picture gallery, merchandise, and membership enquiries visit The Friends of Newport Transporter Bridge website.
Telephone +44(0)1633 656656