Changes were made to recycling collections in Newport in 2016.
Collection days stay the same and there are still two recycling boxes and one bag, but what goes in each is different.
All recycling, including cardboard, will be collected each week.
What has changed?
- The green bag for cardboard will no longer be needed – you don’t have to give it back and can keep it for other uses.
- There will be a new red bag for plastics, cans, foil and aerosols
- The green box will be used for cardboard, food and drink cartons and glass and will be collected each week
- The blue box will be used for paper, small broken electrical items and clean textiles as before.
- There is no change to food waste collection.
The aim of these changes is to help to reduce the amount of recycling litter, especially during bad weather.
Call Wastesavers on (01633) 281 281 with any queries or visit www.wastesavers.co.uk to find out more.