Browser does not support script.
Newport - a city on the rise »
The process of creating a Local Development Plan (LDP) is structured into a number of stages with associated information.
Follow the links below:
1. Vision and objectives
2. Strategic options
3. Criteria for candidate sites
4. Candidate sites (and major candidate sites)
5. Preferred strategy
6. Deposit Local Development Plan
7. Previous Alternative Sites stage
8. Revised Deposit LDP
9. Alternative Sites – Revised LDP stage
11. Focused Changes February 2014
12. Public Examination April – May 2014
13. Matters Arising Changes June 2014
14. Matters Arising Changes September – November 2014
15. Inspector's Report
16. Adoption - January 2015
A Sustainability Appraisal (SA), Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) were carried out to examine the sustainability of the LDP and its effect on species and habitats.
Use the online LDP order form to purchase the LDP and associated documents or complete and return the LDP order form (pdf)
Contact the planning policy team at Newport City Council with enquiries about the LDP.