COVID-19: all parks run by Newport City Council are now open between 6am and 8:30pm.
Social distancing guidance must be followed in the parks and the following areas remain closed:
- Play areas
- Outdoor gym equipment or facilities (e.g. mini golf)
- Public toilets and changing rooms
- Sports pitches (of any size or type) must only be used for general exercise, not for games/matches
It is important not to breach any fences, closed gates, sectioned off areas and closed park facilities. We appreciate your continued support.
Tredegar Park is situated off Cardiff Road, close to the Junction 28 exit of the M4.
There are playing fields and changing rooms for local sports clubs, a children’s play area, pitch and putt course, tennis courts and a skate park.
Tredegar Park opens at 6am and closes at dusk, opening times are listed at the entrance.
Download Park Closure Times (pdf)
Should your car become locked inside the car park after opening times please contact Newport Norse.
- Up to 2 hours = £1.00
- Up to 5 hours = £3.00
- Over 5 hours = £5.00
- Large play ground
- Nine hole crazy golf
- One mile walk / running track
- Skate park and cycle track
- Tennis courts
- Football pitches
- Rugby pitches
- Cricket wickets
- Shower and changing for six teams and referees
- Public toilets with disabled access
Check the availability of the playing fields by telephoning (01633) 656656
Newport Skate Park
Newport’s skatepark is located in Tredegar Park and was designed and built by Acrete Skateparks working with young people who helped to choose features including a bowl section, street section, peanut bowl and bike jump.
- The skatepark attracts high numbers of users and younger children should be supervised.
- There are quieter periods on weekend mornings which may be more suitable for younger children.
It is advised that 5-8 year olds stay in the street section of the park under adult supervision.
This area is suitable for scooter users, skate boarders and BMX riders.
Competent skaters aged 9 years and over may use the mini bowl, main bowl and bike run.
BMX riders please note no pegs are allowed on any of these areas.
The peanut bowl (pool) is suitable for experts only.
The skatepark is open between 9am-9pm.
When gates are closed vehicles cannot enter or leave the park although the skatepark can be entered on foot until 9.00pm.
Tredegar Park, Cardiff Road, Newport
Contact Newport City Council
View skatepark location map
Participants use the skate park at their own risk