Tredegar Park is situated off Cardiff Road, close to the Junction 28 exit of the M4.
There are playing fields and changing rooms for local sports clubs, a children’s play area, pitch and putt course, tennis courts and a skate park.
Tredegar Park opens at 6am, view 2018 park closing times.
Facilities at Tredegar Park include:
- Parking for more than 100 cars
- Large play ground to suit a variety of age groups
- Nine hole crazy golf
- One mile walk / running track
- Skate park and cycle track
- Tennis courts
- Football pitches
- Rugby pitches
- Cricket wickets
- Shower and changing for 6 teams and referees
- Public toilets with disabled access
Check availability of the playing fields by telephoning (01633) 656656
Newport Skate Park
Newport’s skatepark is located in Tredegar Park and was designed and built by Acrete Skateparks working with young people who helped to choose features including a bowl section, street section, peanut bowl and bike jump.
- The skatepark attracts high numbers of users and younger children should be supervised.
- There are quieter periods on weekend mornings which may be more suitable for younger children.
It is advised that 5-8 year olds stay in the street section of the park under adult supervision.
This area is suitable for scooter users, skate boarders and BMX riders.
Competent skaters aged 9 years and over may use the mini bowl, main bowl and bike run.
BMX riders please note no pegs are allowed on any of these areas.
The peanut bowl (pool) is suitable for experts only.
The skatepark is open between 9am-9pm.
When gates are closed vehicles cannot enter or leave the park although the skatepark can be entered on foot until 9.00pm.
Tredegar Park, Cardiff Road, Newport
Contact Newport City Council
View skatepark location map
Participants use the skate park at their own risk