Walk the Port
Newport Skyline Challenge
Saturday 9 September 2017
Online registration now open!
The Newport Skyline Challenge offers walking routes for all fitness levels and abilities.
All walks start and end at the Active Living Centre, Bettws and provide stunning surroundings that let you enjoy Newport’s varied countryside.
Read details and book your place on one of the walks on offer:
Fitness and training
You should wear sensible walking shoes and appropriate clothing including wet-weather gear just in case...
On the longer routes you should be prepared for walking across fields, stiles, off-road tracks, through forestry and up some very big hills!
Water will be available at each checkpoint but make sure you have your own supply as well as some fruit and healthy snacks.
Important information - please read this!
- Choose a route that is suitable for your own personal level of fitness, shorter routes do not mean easy walking / running
- A descriptive route card will be sent out (digitally) with your information pack giving grid references for key points or features, the type of terrain to be covered and an estimate of the time you should allow, based on the Naismith Formula
- Individual entrants should be competent in map reading and route finding
- Team entrants should have at least one person in their group who is competent in map reading and route finding
- These routes are subject to change, the exact route will be confirmed after the closing date
- For information on map-reading and grid references visit the Ordnance Survey site
Please read the Walk the Port terms and conditions (pdf) before booking.
Download the participants information pack (pdf)
Read frequently asked questions
Partners and sponsors
Thank-you to the sponsors of Newport's Walk the Port Skyline Challenge:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or telephone (01633) 851 588