Tour of Britain
Tour of Britain Pro-cycle Race
Sunday 10 September 2017
The Tour of Britain pro-cycle race involves 120 of the best professional cyclists in the world and will travel through Newport on Sunday 10 September 2017 accompanied by motorcycle outriders and support vehicles.
The riders should take around 30 minutes to pass through Newport and a rolling road block will be used to keep traffic disruption to a minimum.
- The race will enter Caerleon from Usk Road (approximately 2pm)
- Mill Street – Castle Street - New Road – Belmont Hill
- Catsash Road - Christchurch Road – Beechwood Road – Chepstow Road
- Wharf Road – George Street Bridge – Lower Dock Street – Usk Way
- SDR – Lighthouse Road B4239 to Cardiff (approximately 2.30pm)
Event organisers are to leaflet properties along the route and put road signs in place from 26 August 2017.
The race is the largest and highest profile annual professional cycling event in the UK and will be televised live.
You are welcome to view and support the riders as they pass through from any safe location along the route.
Visit the Tour of Britain website for further information.