Equalities and Welsh language
The main pieces of legislation in the field of equalities and the Welsh language are Equality Act 2010, Human Rights Act 1998 and the Welsh Language (Wales) Measure 2011.
Download the following documents:
Here are Newport City Council's equality objectives:
1. Engagement - people can be involved in the development of council services that affect them and council decisions are based on what people need.
2. Accessible services - people can access council services and activities they need by language, format, environment.
3. Community cohesion and tackling hate crime - people feel they are a part of Newport society and live their lives free from abuse and harassment.
4. Domestic abuse - people who are subject or witness domestic abuse are supported by the council and its partners in their situation and through any changes they wish to make.
5. Worklessness - people are supported in gaining access to the labour market through education, community learning and community development etc.
Read about and report hate crime
Read about the Human Rights Act
Read about migration in Newport
Ask for the corporate policy and diversity officer at Newport City Council