Benefits and support
Newport City Council is fully committed to and invested in its social care work-force.
It actively promotes a culture of support, a commitment to continued professional development and acknowledges the hard work and dedication of its staff.
Newport City Council has invested in equipment and facilities which enable agile and flexible working, these along with family friendly working policies allow staff to enjoy a healthy work- life balance.
We offer you:
- Informative induction for new staff
- Regular quality supervision
- My Review (a personal development plan)
- Training and professional development
- Mentor/coach for newly qualified social workers
- Management development
- Agile working
- Children and Family Services staff briefing events
- Family friendly policies, including flexible working arrangements
- I.T equipment (including think pads and mobile phones for all front line operational staff)
- Other Corporate Benefits and Conditions