No PO, No Pay
Since 1 June 2016 all invoices sent to Newport City Council for goods and or services must include an approved Purchase Order (PO) number.
Invoices submitted without a PO number will not be processed and will be returned unpaid, resulting in a delay in payment.
Any returned invoices will be classed as 'in-dispute' and will not be subject to the contractual payment terms until the date the correct invoice is received.
POs are not required in these circumstances:
- Utility bills (i.e. gas, electric, water) centrally organised
- Telephone bills (landline and mobile) centrally organised
- Purchasing cards administered through Barclays Spend Management system
- Photocopier rental charges centrally organised
- Capital works where the contract is subject to construction industry tax arrangements
- Foreign payments
- Business rates and council tax including service charges
- Payment of legal settlements
- Randstad agency invoices centrally organised
We would prefer to receive invoices as PDFs emailed to email@example.com.
If you email an invoice please do not send a hard copy as well as duplicate invoices could result in payment being delayed.
If a paper invoice has to be sent by post please address it to:
Newport City Council, Central Finance, Payments Room 334, Civic Centre, Newport. NP20 4UR
Please do not send copy invoices to any part of the council unless requested to do so by the council's payments team.
Payments to suppliers
From June 2016 payments to suppliers will only be paid by BACS transfer and the council will not issue any payments by cheque and all payments must be paid into suppliers’ bank accounts (BACS).
- No cheque to go missing or be cashed fraudulently
- improved cash flow as there will be no waiting for cheques to clear through the bank
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your supplier reference number and we will use your email address for all future correspondence.