The Welsh Government childcare offer will be available in some areas of Newport from September 2018 and will be extended to other areas of the city in the future.
A maximum 30 hours of combined education and childcare will be offered to eligible working parents of 3 and 4 year olds for up to 48 weeks of the year.
If you are eligible you can apply from July 2018.
The offer is available for children from the term after their third birthday until the September following their fourth birthday when they are offered a full-time education place.
Who can apply?
You are eligible for the childcare offer if:
- your child is 3 or 4 years old
- you live in the pilot areas of Gaer, Lliswerry, Maesglas, Malpas, Rogerstone, Shaftesbury, St Julians or Stow Hill
- you are working and live in Wales - both parents must work if you are a two parent family
- you work at least 16 hours at the national minimum or living wage
- you earn a weekly minimum equivalent of 16 hours at the national minimum wage (NMW) or national living wage (NLW) (around £111 and £115 a week at the current 21-24 NMW and NLW rate respectively) but less than £100k per year
Unsure of which area/council ward you live in?
Visit My Newport, enter your postcode and click on the My House tab
How to apply
Before applying for the childcare offer you need to arrange a childcare place with a provider that is registered with the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) and is able to meet your childcare requirements.
You should talk to your childcare provider first as the childcare offer application form asks you to confirm which childcare provider you are using.
Search childcare providers
Applications for funding open July 24 2018 and you will be able to make an online application on this page.
If you are unable to apply online please contact us below for help.
Download the Childcare Offer for Wales leaflet (pdf)
Visit the Welsh Government Childcare Offer for Wales site.
Call Newport Family Information Service (FIS) on 0800 328 8483 or email email@example.com