Newport City Council is responsible for three public cemeteries situated at:
- Caerleon – Cold Bath Road, Caerleon NP18 1NF
- Christchurch – Christchurch Road, Newport NP18 1JJ
- St Woolos – 48 Bassaleg Road, Newport, NP20 3PY
For enquiries contact the cemetery superintendent on (01633) 414915 or contact Newport City Council.
Download Newport Cemetery Management Guidance (pdf)
Visit the Gwent Crematorium website.
These charges are valid from 1 April 2019
- Exclusive right of burial: £1071.00
- Interment of stillborn or child up to 18 years: no charge
- Person exceeding 18 years: £1164.00
- Cremated remains in full grave space: £258.00
- Cremated remains in garden of rest: £258.00
- Scattering of ashes: £140.50
Download the full list of Newport cemetery charges 2019/2020 (pdf)
Locating a burial plot
To locate a burial plot in the cemeteries above please write to:
Cemeteries, Newport City Council, Civic Centre, Godfrey Road, Newport NP20 4UR
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving name of the person and approximate date of burial.
There is a charge of £15.60 for 30 minutes research.
Dog control order
There is a dog control order in operation in all Newport cemeteries.
Cemetery gates are open from 6am - 5pm for vehicle access all year, pedestrian access is always available.
Contact Newport City Council for further information.