Newport City Council is responsible for three public cemeteries situated at:
- Caerleon – Cold Bath Road, Caerleon NP18 1NF
- Christchurch – Christchurch Road, Newport NP18 1JJ
- St Woolos – 48 Bassaleg Road, Newport, NP20 3PY
For enquiries contact the cemetery superintendent on (01633) 263864 or contact Newport City Council.
These charges are valid from 1 April 2017
- Exclusive right of burial: £990.00
- Exclusive right for stillborn or child under one month: £295.00
- Interment of stillborn or child up to sixteen years: no charge
- Person exceeding sixteen years: £1076.00
- Cremated remains in full grave space: £238.00
- Cremated remains in garden of rest: £238.00
- Scattering of ashes: £130.00
Download the full list of Newport cemetery charges 2017/2018 (pdf)
Locating a burial plot
To locate a burial plot in the cemeteries above please write to:
St Woolos Cemetery, 48 Bassaleg Road, Newport NP20 3PY
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving name of the person and approximate date of burial.
There is a charge of £11.00 for 30 minutes research.
Cemetery gates are open from 6am - 5pm for vehicle access all year, pedestrian access is always available.
Contact Newport City Council for further information.