Newport City Council is responsible for three public cemeteries situated at:
- Caerleon – Cold Bath Road, Caerleon NP18 1NF
- Christchurch – Christchurch Road, Newport NP18 1JJ
- St Woolos – 48 Bassaleg Road, Newport, NP20 3PY
For enquiries contact the cemetery superintendent on (01633) 414915 or contact Newport City Council.
These charges are valid from 1 April 2018
- Exclusive right of burial: £1030.00
- Interment of stillborn or child up to 18 years: no charge
- Person exceeding 18 years: £1119.00
- Cremated remains in full grave space: £248.00
- Cremated remains in garden of rest: £248.00
- Scattering of ashes: £135.25
Download the full list of Newport cemetery charges 2018/2019 (pdf)
Locating a burial plot
To locate a burial plot in the cemeteries above please write to:
Cemeteries, Newport City Council, Civic Centre, Godfrey Road, Newport NP20 4UR
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving name of the person and approximate date of burial.
There is a charge of £15.00 for 30 minutes research.
Dog control order
There is a dog control order in operation in all three Newport cemeteries.
Cemetery gates are open from 6am - 5pm for vehicle access all year, pedestrian access is always available.
Contact Newport City Council for further information.