Blue Wastesavers Box
Blue boxes are collected weekly along with your green recycling box.
What can I put in the blue box?
- Directories (including the Yellow Pages)
- Greeting cards & wrapping paper (except foil based wrapping paper)
- Mobile phones
- Printer cartridges
- Textiles & shoes
- Small electrical items
What can't I put in the blue box?
- Food cartons
- Duvets & pillows
- Kitchen / toilet roll
- Borken glass
- Cooking oil and household waste
- Wet textiles & shoes
Tips for using your blue box
- Keep paper dry
- Squash shredded paper in bags so it does not blow away
- Keep textiles dry and tie pairs of shoes together so they can be sorted for reuse
- Keep mobile phones dry so they can be sorted for reuse